Earlier this summer I had some incredible egg salad on toast, topped with chilled asparagus, during a full tea service at The Flour Box Tea Room & Cafe. It had such a light and fluffy texture, unlike any that I had ever eaten before.
I have to admit that I am not typically someone that goes out of their way to eat or even make egg salad regularly. But after finding this great recipe for egg salad from The Diary of a Real Housewife. I tweaked a few things for my own tastes this is definitely something I’ll be making more often!
- 9 eggs
- 5 Tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Morton Salt Natural Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Frontier Organic Celery Seed
- French bread (bread of your choice)
- Asparagus tips (optional for garnish)
- Boil your eggs. Place all of the eggs in a pot, fill it about halfway with cold water. Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the hot water. Next place the eggs into a bowl with ice water and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once your eggs have cooled, it is time to peel them. Then place the peeled eggs in a mixing bowl. I prefer to use a potato masher to mash my eggs but you can also use a fork to mix and mash them.
- Add the seasonings, mayo, mustard, and whipped cream cheese. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Allow the egg salad to chill for several minutes or serve immediately with bread of your choice.
- This step is optional, if you’d like the chilled asparagus tips for garnishing. Boil asparagus tips for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to chill in the refrigerator. Cut the asparagus tips to the length of your bread and place on top of the egg salad.